Welcome to Incarnate!
Incarnate: Of or relating to the flesh; made manifest.
Massage: Massage is a scientific method of manipulating the soft tissues of the body to have specific effects. Its objectives are the restoration of function and release of tension.
Bodywork: The application of physically therapeutic methods such as massage, yoga, exercise and relaxation techniques for the purpose of promoting physical and emotional well-being.
Incarnate is a therapeutic massage and bodywork practice owned by GW Kearney II, LMBT, NCTMB.
On this website you will find my rates and services offered, scheduling and payment policies, directions and a little about me.
I am currently available by appointment only. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call me at (336) 414-5491.
Why should I get a massage?
Touch heals. Massage has been practiced around the world for thousands of years as a form of therapeutic touch. Here are just a few of the many benefits of massage:
- Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
- Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
- Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
- Strengthens the immune system
Massage also has many notable positive mental effects including:
- Increased sense of general well-being
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Improved body awareness
- Satisfaction of the need for caring touch
There are also certain circumstances where massage is contraindicated.
- Contagious illness (ie: Influenza, Common Cold, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis, etc)
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Anything that warrants an ambulance ride